Thank you for your interest in submitting content to Streets Connect. Streets Connect is the pre-eminent independent Hip Hop lifestyle blog on the West Coast covering the world!
Through our coverage we spotlight the best in Hip Hop culture, with an emphasis on independent, new artists and preserving the core elements of Hip Hop.
By sharing your content, you are contributing to a fast growing, global Hip Hop community spanning music, beats, mixtapes, graffiti, breakdancing, rap, beatboxing, freestyles and cyphers, battles, DJs and much, much more! Please read more below on how to contribute and submit Hip Hop content to StreetsConnect.com.
Please note – Streets Connect received a large volume of submissions, and we want to make sure you are set up for success. Unfortunately, we cannot post or reply to every submission, but please rest assured that ALL submissions are viewed by our editorial team. The best way to ensure your content is both posted, and seen is to follow us on Twitter and likeÂ us on Facebook. All published content receives promotion on our Streets Connect social media sites for several weeks.
Preferred Content Types: Please note that submissions featuring YouTube, Vimeo and Soundcloud links have the best chance of being posted as these are the content types we optimize our site for. That said, you can include other links but please refrain from attaching large files. Video in particular is preferred, or songs posted as videos to YouTube.
On to the submission process!
We feature four main categories. When submitting your content please note which category/ies your submission bets fits within:
Style: Hip Hop and Urban oriented clothing brands, shoe brands, accessories and wearables.
Art: Graffiti, Street Art, Murals, Mixed Media, etc.
Music: New Hip Hop songs, EPs, Mixtapes, Album Releases, Freestyles, etc.
Life:Â Interviews, Battles, News, Tours, etc.
Ready to go?
CONTACT US NOW &Â SEND YOUR HIP HOP SUBMISSION TO –
BLOGBOSS (at) STREETSCONNECT (dot) COM
XXXX NEW HIP HOP SUBMISSION FORM XXXX
You can now use our submission form to send us content directly. Please note: Include media URL (YouTube, Soundcloud, etc.) in the content where you want it to appear in the post. Please take time to format your submissions. Blatantly lazy uploads will be immediately deleted.
Streets Connect often receives music, videos and other content from various outlets including, record labels, artists, and producers. Due to the volume of content we receive it is impossible for us to determine if the works are authorized by the copyright holder. As such we claim safe harbor under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512. Pursuant to the DMCA, if you are a copyright holder and believe your work is being infringed upon you are required by law to adhere to the following procedure:
DMCA Compliance Policy
It is the policy of Streets Connect to promptly process and investigate notices of alleged copyright infringement, and take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512 (â€œDMCAâ€).
Contents of Notice
The DMCA requires that all notices of alleged copyright infringement must be in writing. When informing the designated agent of an alleged copyright infringement, the complainant must:
(1) Identify the copyrighted work that allegedly has been infringed. If multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are involved, please provide a list of the works on that site.
(2) Describe the material that is claimed to be infringing and provide sufficient information to permit Streets Connect to locate that material.
(3) Provide your contact information, including an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address.
(4) Certify or include a statement that the complainant has a good faith belief that the use of the copyright-protected material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, the ownerâ€™s agent, or law.
(5) Certify that the information that you have provided Streets Connect is accurate. The complainant should attest under penalty of perjury that s/he is authorized to enforce the copyrights that have allegedly have been infringed.
(6) Include a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or person authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
Before the complainants allege an infringement, s/he should consult copyright materials to confirm that the use is, in fact, infringing. The United States Copyright Office provides basic information, online, at http://www.loc.gov/copyright/circs/circ1.html, which can assist one in determining whether an exception or defense, such as fair use, may apply to the use of your copyrighted work.
Pursuant to the DMCA, Streets Connect has designated an agent to receive notification of alleged copyright infringement occurring on Web pages or computer servers. If you believe that your copyrighted work is being infringed on a Streets Connect site, please notify, preferably by email, at
E-Mail: blogboss AT streetsconnect dot com